2024 Innovations in Community Leadership Initiative Applications are due April 15
- Apply Today for the 2024 Innovations in Community Leadership Initiative
- Download the 2024 ICLI Call for Proposals
An online webinar to answer questions about the initiative will take place on March 15 from 1-2:30 p.m. Sign up for the webinar here.
Leadership is key to Georgia’s future. Communities that provide leadership development opportunities for its citizens, across all ages, have a competitive advantage in attracting investment and opportunities for the community.
Recognizing the correlation between leadership development and economic vitality, the Fanning Institute launched the Innovations in Community Leadership Initiative in 2020 to provide technical expertise and resources to support communities and organizations in starting or enhancing leadership development programming.
Each year, the Fanning Institute invites communities and organizations within underserved communities, to submit leadership projects, programs or initiatives that will serve to enhance their communities and leverage the leadership development expertise of the Fanning Institute to co-create and implement solutions to community challenges. Through the initiative, the Fanning Institute will provide in-kind technical assistance and expert facilitation to create and implement the community or organization’s project.
Some examples of eligible projects include:
- Starting or updating a community leadership program
- Starting or updating a youth leadership program
- Entrepreneurial leadership development programming to encourage business development and civic engagement
- Providing leadership development for target audiences such as youth and children, minority populations/groups, women, young professionals, emerging adult leaders, people with disabilities, community health professionals, etc.
For more information, contact Brittany Adams-Pope.