A statewide affiliate of MENTOR: The National Mentoring Partnership, MENTOR Georgia provides the leadership and infrastructure necessary to support the expansion of quality mentoring relationships across Georgia.
MENTOR Georgia seeks to increase the number of young people across the state that are engaged in a relationship with a caring adult by increasing the quantity and quality of mentoring opportunities in Georgia. MENTOR Georgia will accomplish this objective by:
- Bringing together the mentoring community
- Providing programs and their staff access to participate in leadership and professional development
- Raising the profile of the importance of mentoring
Coordinated by the J.W. Fanning Institute for Leadership Development, MENTOR Georgia serves as a clearinghouse for training, resources and public awareness. In addition, MENTOR Georgia provides links between MENTOR’s national efforts and local organizations and programs that foster and support quality mentoring relationships.
July 23, 2020 MENTOR Georgia Meeting
2017 Youth Mentoring in Georgia Report
Released February 28, 2017, the 2017 Report represents a statewide collaboration that reveals the landscape, trends, and needs of mentoring and youth development programs in Georgia. The report is an important tool that enables the field of mentoring and youth development to establish benchmarks to:
- Better meet the needs of Georgia youth
- Strengthen the case for investment of public and private resources
- Raise public awareness on behalf of the field
- Guide strategic decision-making