Lori’s focus is on leadership capacity building for nonprofit, youth and community organizations, leadership development for underrepresented populations and technical skills in evaluation design and group facilitation. She collaborates with many on-campus departments to aid in their strategic planning and implementation processes, she works with a variety of specialized county- and school-based youth leadership development programs and she works with both nonprofit and community-based organizations building their leadership capacity, governance processes, planning initiatives and volunteer management skills.
Lori specializes in utilizing technology along with traditional facilitation techniques to help groups process their strategic initiatives, come to consensus and prioritize their goals moving forward. She also currently co-leads the Embark Georgia Statewide Network, a group of higher education institutions supporting young people experiencing foster care or homelessness in their academic endeavors.
Prior to joining the Fanning Institute in 2008, she served for seven years with UGA’s Office of Performing Arts.
- 2001, B.A., music education, University of Georgia
- 2007, M.A., nonprofit management, University of Georgia
- 2020 expected graduation, Ph.D., higher education, University of Georgia
Areas of Expertise
- Facilitation and Facilitation Training
- Leadership and Personality Assessments
- Nonprofit Board Governance
- Program and Process Evaluation
- Strategic Planning
- Student Leadership Development
- Youth Leadership Program Development