Brendan Leahy focuses much of his efforts on community leadership programs, while also working heavily in subject areas such as instructional design, applied research, and leadership assessments.
Current Activities and Expertise
Leahy has expertise with a variety of leadership, social, and communication styles assessments, including Emergenetics©. Earlier this year, he presented a webinar on that very subject for the Association of Leadership Programs, a national leadership organization.
In addition to his work in community leadership, Leahy also works on a variety of Fanning Institute programs and initiatives, including those focused on leadership development in a wide array of contexts, youth leadership development, general facilitation, and organizational and community strategic planning.
- President for Leadership Plus and Associates, Athens, GA.
- Served as the UGA coordinator for the SciTrain University initiative, a project of the United States Department of Education and a partnership between the Georgia Institute of Technology and the University of Georgia.
- Worked with the Georgia Department of Education Division for Exceptional Students on the Student Achievement in the Least Restrictive Environment (SA-LRE) initiative.
- Served as a consultant with Northeast Georgia Learning Resource System (GLRS), and with Anderson and Ward Educational Services.
- 1995, B. A. in Education, with a concentration in learning disabilities, Boston College
- 1998, M. Ed. In Adult Education, The University of Georgia
- 2002, Ed. D. in Adult Education, The University of Georgia