As part of the nonprofit leadership development practice group, Sayge Medlin works to develop and implement meaningful, productive capacity building strategies for organizations across Georgia and the southeast.
Current Activities and Expertise
Employing consensus building techniques, Sayge Medlin specializes in facilitating groups of all sizes through results-based decision-making processes in the following areas:
– strategic decision making,
-board development and
-roles and responsibilities of leaders in nonprofits.
In addition, she is also highly skilled in developing and delivering research-based, interactive training material with an emphasis on community engagement, managing change, collaboration practices, and the changing roles of leaders in the organizational life cycle.
A list of recent clients includes the Elachee Nature Science Center, Georgia Mountain Food Bank, Georgia EMC, Training and Counseling Center at St. Luke's, Southeastern Association of Community Action Agencies, Enrichment Services Program, Legacy Link Area Agency on Aging, Savannah Folk Music Society, Athens Nurses Clinic, Grateful Hearts Ministries, Jackson County Community Outreach, Sumter County Payment Development Authority, Piedmont Athens Regional, and others.
Sayge Medlin has been working with nonprofits and community groups for almost twenty years.
Prior to joining the J.W. Fanning Institute for Leadership Development, she served as director of strategy integration for the Georgia Family Connection Partnership (GaFCP) — a state level nonprofit that provides data, research, training, and technical assistance to a network of 159 collaborative organizations in Georgia. While there, she led cross-disciplinary teams as they assessed, planned for, and managed change. In addition, she worked with state partner initiatives to link their work to local priorities in meaningful ways.
Medlin also previously served as the director of education for the Sexual Assault Center of Northeast Georgia and worked for the Southeastern Network of Youth and Family Services.
- 1998, B.S., family and consumer sciences, University of Georgia
- 2003, M.S.W., University of Georgia
- Stabilizing Lives Advisory Council; Atlanta Community Food Bank. 2017 – present
- Treasurer, Board of Directors; Rabbit Box Storytelling, Athens, GA. 2015 – 2016
- University Council; University of Georgia. 2015 – present
- State Advisory Board; Research Engagement and Communities for Hispanic/Latino Educated Students (REACHES), Georgia Partnership for Excellence in Education. 2011 – 2015.
- Board of Directors; The Cottage: Sexual Assault Center & Child Advocacy Center, Athens, GA. 2009.