Richard McCline works in the area of community leadership with a focus on promoting entrepreneurial and servant leadership. With more than three decades of academic and business experience, he is an expert in developing leadership and entrepreneurship curriculum and facilitating leadership development workshops and courses.
Current Activities and Expertise
McCline has facilitated training for non-profits such as United Way and is developing a leadership program to help develop the latent entrepreneurial talent — a path to self-employment — in ex-offenders as an innovative complement to the singular focus on employee training for those individuals seeking to successfully reenter society. He is also leading curriculum development for a new leadership program designed to bring leadership development for proven leaders who are approaching the “third half” of their leadership career.
- James A. Joseph Endowed Chair in Small and Minority Business Enterprise, Southern University and A&M College, Baton Rouge Louisiana
- Founding Director, Center for Entrepreneurial and Leadership Development, Southern University
- Associate Professor of Management and Entrepreneurship and Co-founder and Director, Center for Entrepreneurship, College of Business, San Francisco State University
- Co-founder of Diversified Distributors to Service Markets (DSM) – a multi-million dollar distributor of ethnic hair care products in Chicagoland market
- Co-founder of Soul-Chef, Inc. – a packager and marketer of frozen and canned food products targeted toward selected customers in major metropolitan markets.
- CEO and Executive Vice President of the Golden State Business League – a non-profit that McCline led to a multimillion entity that dominated its business niche on the west coast
- Director, Ohrenschall Center for Entrepreneurship
- B.S., microbiology, University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, Ill.
- M.B.A., Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University, Evanston, Ill.
- Ph.D., organizational behavior, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA
- Research Investigator of the Year (2007/08) – Southern University, Baton Rouge Campus.
- Teacher of the Year – College of Business, Southern University, Baton Rouge Campus; Spring 2008.
- Faculty Advisor for Business Plan Competition
- The College of Business Team (SUBR) placed in the top six finalists for the Opportunity Funding Corporation (OFC) Business Plan Competition, April, 2007.
- Member – East Baton Rouge/New Orleans Minority Business Opportunity Center (2007).
- 2005 – Community Service Award Grant, San Francisco State University.portunity Center (2007).
- 2002 – Leadership Award – The Annual Multicultural Banquet of the Oakland Chamber of Commerce.
- Co-Recipient of 2000 Affirmative Action Award
- Commissioner – Governor’s (Louisiana) Commission on Small Business and Entrepreneurship (2007 – 2012).