At the Fanning Institute, Julie focuses on working to build leadership capacity in nonprofit and community organizations through strategic planning processes, board and executive development, system mapping and evaluation.
Currently, Julie leads the planning team for the Executive Leadership Program for Nonprofit Organizations (ELPNO). In addition, she has co-planned and implemented UGA's Vivian H. Fisher Public Service and Outreach Leadership Academy, has led strategic planning processes for multiple nonprofits in the Athens area and elsewhere and helps deliver the institute’s adult community leadership curriculum.
She brings twenty years of experience in nonprofits, most recently serving as the executive director of Community Connection of Northeast Georgia from 2004 to 2013. In this role, she managed collaborative processes of nonprofits in the region and provided incubation services to developing nonprofits. Meehan also served as the program director for The TreeHouse, Inc., and development coordinator for Hands-on Atlanta.
- 2001, M.S.W., University of Georgia
- 1994, B.A., international development and social change/political science, Clark University
Areas of Expertise
- Chamber of Commerce Assistance
- Community Leadership Program Development
- Community Needs Assessments
- Facilitation and Facilitation Training
- Nonprofit Board and CEO Executive Leadership Development
- Nonprofit Board Governance
- Nonprofit Organizational Development
- Organizational Assessment
- Strategic Planning