Jason Edwards is a public service faculty member at the J.W. Fanning Institute for Leadership Development, a unit of the Office of Public Service and Outreach at the University of Georgia. He graduated with a doctorate in Educational Leadership from UGA and holds a master’s and bachelor’s degree in Health and Physical Education from UGA. Prior to his current role, he worked as an Instructor for the Department of Kinesiology at UGA, where he taught education courses to aspiring teachers and began new educational partnerships with nearby K-12 public school districts. Edwards was named a recipient of the UGA President’s Fulfilling the Dream award in January 2023. This is a university-wide award that recognizes individuals in the UGA and Athens-Clarke County communities who have worked to make Martin Luther King, Jr.'s dream of equality and justice a reality.
- Ed.D., Educational Leadership, University of Georgia
- M.S., Sport Pedagogy, University of Georgia
- BS.Ed., Health and Physical Education, University of Georgia
Areas of Expertise
- Community Leadership Program Development
- Leadership Curriculum Development
- Youth Leadership Program Development