Classes take place at the
University of Georgia’s J.W. Fanning Institute for Leadership Development
COST for the week is $3000. This includes classes, lodging, meals and materials.
Tuition must be paid in full prior to the start of the program.
APPLICATION deadline is TBD. Early applications are encouraged as space is limited.
WORKSHOPS are facilitated by leading faculty from across the country.
- Sunday – Opening session: Understanding the nonprofit environment
- Monday – Strategic leadership in the nonprofit sector
- Tuesday – Stewardship: Governance and financial leadership
- Wednesday – Resource development strategies; nonprofit leadership circle
- Thursday – Effective personal leadership
- Friday – Tying it all together
2017 Faculty, Keynotes, and Presenters
- Ray Bishop, President, Goodwill of North Georgia
- Elaine Armstrong, Vice President of Marketing at Goodwill of North Georgia
- Doug Ammar, Executive Director, Georgia Justice Project
- Shena Ashley, Director of the Center of Nonprofits and Philanthropy, Urban Institute
- Jesse Lecy, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, Syracuse University
- Bob Sleppy, Executive Director, Nuci’s Space
- Mindy Wertheimer, School of Social Work, Georgia State University
- Edward Queen, Director, Dr. Abbot Turner Program in Ethics and Servant Leadership, Emory University
- Elizabeth Searing, Rockefeller College of Public Affairs and Policy, University at Albany (SUNY)
- Dennis Young, ELPNO founder; Cleveland State University
- John O’Kane, Nonprofit Studies Program, Georgia State University
- Kathy Palumbo, Director of Programs, Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta
- Carol Collard, President/CEO, CaringWorks, Inc.
- Dolph Goldenburg, Goldenburg Group, LLC
- Janet Rechtman, J.W. Fanning Institute for Leadership Development, University of Georgia
- Julie Meehan, J.W. Fanning Institute for Leadership Development, University of Georgia