Classes take place at the
University of Georgia’s J.W. Fanning Institute for Leadership Development
The cost for the week is $3,000 and includes all classes, materials, lodging and most meals. Payment of tuition is due upon acceptance to guarantee participation.
Applications received before the PRIORITY DEADLINE of October 1, 2020 will receive notification of acceptance within 2 weeks of submission.
Applications received after the priority deadline, but by the FINAL DEADLINE of November 16, 2020 will receive notification of acceptance by December 1, 2020.
Workshops are facilitated by leading faculty from across the country.
Week at a Glance
- Sunday – Opening session: Understanding the nonprofit environment
- Monday – Strategic leadership in the nonprofit sector
- Tuesday – Stewardship: Governance and financial leadership
- Wednesday – Resource development strategies; Nonprofit leadership circle
- Thursday – Effective personal leadership: Ethical leadership and nonprofit leadership
- Friday – Closing session: Tying it all together and graduation
2020 Faculty, Keynotes, and Presenters
- Shena Ashley, Center on Nonprofit and Philanthropy, Urban Institute
- Melissa DeSilva, Director of Intellectual and Development Disabilities Services, Jewish Family and Career Services of Atlanta
- Santina Fryer, CEO, Ladder to Success
- Jennifer King, Executive Director, Georgia CASA
- Dan Matthews, Chief Operating Officer, Camp Twin Lakes
- Sayge Medlin, J.W. Fanning Institute for Leadership Development, University of Georgia
- Julie Meehan, J.W. Fanning Institute for Leadership Development, University of Georgia
- Rebecca Nesbit, School of Public and International Affairs, University of Georgia
- John O’Kane, Nonprofit Studies Program, Georgia State University
- Edward Queen, Director, Ethics and Servant Leadership Program, Emory University
- Elizabeth Searing, Rockefeller College of Public Affairs and Policy, University at Albany (SUNY)
- Bob Sleppy, Executive Director, Nuci’s Space
- Mindy Wertheimer, School of Social Work, Georgia State University
- Dennis Young, ELPNO founder; Cleveland State University