Sandy Christopher provides administrative and program support to the Director and coordinates special activities for the Institute.
Current Activities and Expertise
She currently supports the administration and facilitation of the 2013-2014 Public Service and Outreach Vivian H. Fisher Leadership Academy.
She has been with the University of Georgia for 18 years.
- 2009 to present. Assistant to the director of the Fanning Institute.
- 2008-2009. Archway Partnership, University of Georgia.
- 2006-2008. Program coordinator at the Fanning Institute working on the poverty initiative, Partners for a Prosperous Athens and OneAthens, as well as the community project, Communities of Opportunity.
- 2000-2006. Administrative associate and education program specialist at the Carl Vinson Institute of Government, helping support projects for local and state governments on issues such as mediation, program evaluation, annexation/consolidation, and child and family policy.
- She started her career at UGA in 1995 in Business Services as a data processing specialist with the Information Systems Scheduling department.
- 2005, B.S.F.C.S., Child and Family Development, University of Georgia.
- 2007, Conference and Meeting Management Certificate Program, Georgia Center for Continuing Education.
- Board Member, Family Solutions Program (www.Families4change.org), 11/07