At Fanning Institute, Nina M. Johnson develops, delivers, and evaluates leadership development programming and trainings for communities and organizations.
Nina has 15 consecutive years of professional experience in learning and talent development for communities, not-for-profit organizations, and government municipality. As a skilled communicator, Nina has a history of implementing innovative programs focused on learner needs and performance enhancement.
Utilizing her experience as a social worker, Nina employs exceptional relationship-building skills to connect with communities and clients with honor and respect to design and implement leadership initiatives that are reflective of the needs and capacity of the community. Much of Nina’s work encourages and empowers leaders and potential leaders to access emotional intelligence, vulnerability, hope, and authenticity as leadership tools. It is through the aforementioned experiences and leadership qualities Nina displays her ability to harness the power of human connection to accelerate leadership potential.
Prior to joining the Fanning Institute, Nina served at the DC Department of Employment Services, establishing the agency’s first Office of Training and Professional Development.
- 2004, M.S.W., The University of Georgia
- 2002, B.A., Spelman College
- Georgia Professional Licensed Master Social Work
- Associate Professional in Talent Development
Areas of Expertise
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Community Conflict Transformation
- Community Leadership Program Development
- Cultural Competency and Diversity Training
- Facilitation and Facilitation Training
- Leadership Curriculum Development
- Nonprofit Organizational Development
- Organizational Assessment
- Strategic Planning