Melanie Lee serves as the financial director and human resources representative for the Fanning Institute.
Current Activities and Expertise
She is responsible for all aspects of the financial and human resources functions of the Fanning Institute, including overseeing the budget, payroll, P-cards, purchasing, accounts receivable and accounts payable. She is also responsible for processing all paperwork for position searches and overseeing the hiring and orientation of all new employees.
Lee has worked at the University of Georgia since 1985 in various positions. She joined the Fanning Institute in November 1997 as a program coordinator and became an Administrative Specialist in 2001 and Administrative Financial Director in 2007. Previously, she worked for the Career Services Office in various positions for 12 years. As a conference facilitator she coordinated career days, and supervised the credentials office and the job posting and referrals section. Prior to that, she held several clerical positions.
- 2000, B.S., consumer economics, University of Georgia
- 2010 PSO Staff Award for Excellence
- Past Representative for Student Affairs Staff Representative Group
- Past Representative for PSO Staff Representative Group
- Served on the selection committee for PSO Staff Award for Excellence numerous times
- Chair of Building Committee for East Athens Baptist Church