We are committed to ensuring that future leaders from all backgrounds will develop the skills necessary to make positive changes across Georgia.
Our goal is to prepare young people to meet the challenges of transitioning to adulthood through programming options that foster youth leadership and citizenship. Fanning youth leadership programs include a holistic approach to skill development at three levels – individual, group and system. The objectives are to build individual leadership skills, foster positive group dynamics, and increase civic and community involvement opportunities for all youth.
We do that by:
- Providing support to organizations and professionals to increase college access;
- Fostering youth leadership through programs for young people — both open enrollment programs and programs tailored for your organization; and
- Offering a youth leadership curriculum for your organization to use.
Youth Leadership Curriculum
Inquiries and Group Reservations
Advancing Youth Leadership
High school completion and transition to post-secondary education are the focus of our pre-collegiate programs. Most of our programs are for high school age youth and require application or recommendation from a school.
College Access and Success
- Athens Peer Court A training program for high school students in the Athens-Clarke County area to learn and practice law by serving as the lawyers, judge and jury for first-time youth offenders. To apply for Athens Peer Court, go to http://www.athenspeercourt.org/join-us.html
- Clarke College Readiness A summer program that exposes Clarke County high school students to the college experience.
- College Bound The nsoro pre-collegiate program for students in foster care.
- Embark UGA is a support network at UGA for youth who have experienced foster care or homelessness. Its aim is to help those youth succeed at UGA.
- Leadership ¡Sin Limites! Youth Program A summer program that develops leadership in high school youth with interest in Latino issues and exposes them to the college experience.
- Leadership Without Limits A residential program for migrant youth from around the state and funded by the Georgia Department of Education’s Migrant Education program.
- Gear Up for College A campus visit program for middle-school Latino students.
- Padres e Hijos Fin de Semana A special orientation weekend for academically-prepared high school seniors—and their parents—who are interested in UGA.
We can develop a program for your youth organization that provides leadership development and exposure to the college experience.
- Leadership Development for Undergraduate Ambassadors The Fanning Institute will develop a program tailored to your college's or organization's needs.